Business Developer (Onshore)
What's the role?
We’re looking for customer-focused Business Developer who loves challenges to kick start their careers in a rewarding, high-performing, international company. This is no ordinary job. Our people come from all different backgrounds with a shared dedication to high performance, consistent results, and outstanding customer service.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards.
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchasing, lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement).
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that effect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances.
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the training you need to excel in your role, including ongoing trainings and lots of responsibilities from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you'll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, regardless of your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Civil Engineering
- Having minimum 3 years experience in business development or sales for specified engineering products or sales solutions, marketing management experience is a plus
- Experience with or within Energy projects in Indonesia is preferred
- Business sales negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, high proficiency in English
- As many EPCs in Jakarta are Japanese, proficiency in Japanese language and sensitivity to Japanese culture is an added value
- Acts independently, strategic thinking
- Work experience in multicultural environment
- Willing to be highly mobile
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”